The "Twin Tobacco Warehouses" are two identical,in their architectural elements, buildings in downtown Kilkis; built in the late 19th or early 20th century, they functioned as warehouses until the liberation of the city in 1913. Since then and until about ten years ago, they housed forces and services of the Greek army. Occasionally, these buildings hosted refugee families.
In August 1913 the refugees from Stromnitsa lived here. After 1922 the 13th Infantry Regiment was settled here. In 1943 "antartopliktoi" moved here and during the civil war it operated as a short-term detention prison. Later, it housed the military service of the 6th Division.