• Sign up in our newsletter


  • Sign up in our newsletter

Photo gallery

Old Prefecture Building

During the time that the headquarters of the Kaza of the Ottoman Empire was transferred from Gynaikokastro (AvretHissar) to Kilkis, theCommand Center was built by French engineers. As such, it continued to operate after 1913 and during the German occupation, when the German garrison headquarters was moved here. After the liberation and up until 1978 the services of the Prefecture were housed here. The building is classified as a monument and is intended to be a gallery and a history file house.

Additional Info

  • Coordinates: 40.997923, 22.878012
Show Street View

Experienced Offers

Log in

create an account