In the ruins of the deserted settlement of Anydro, in a quiet hilly area centered aroundthe old church of St. George, the visitor can see the sacred retreat of St. George, which was founded in August 1991 and is relatively self-contained with a high superintendence from the Bishop of Goumenissa.
The human power of the retreat is 10 nuns. The church, a classic basilica was built between 1800 and 1830 and retains a highly valued Byzantine decor with wood carvings and images of the era on its temple and roof. The complex of the monastery also houses the new church Panagiaof Paramythia with two chapels. There also operates a two storey guesthouse with two rooms, an exhibition of images and artifacts from the nuns and a room for accommodation and food. The new wing includes the workshops and the nuns’ cells.
The nunnery of Anydrois also nearby, which makes for an interesting pilgrimage.